So it is the day after Christmas and this has to be the second best day of the year, best of course is the day after a birthday. When you get to wake up and see some great gifts that friends and family have given for no other reason than out of the kindness of thier heart. Alright let me get off my soapbox now. The clouds are starting clear and the day is getting warmer so that means it should be a warm and slushy day of snowboarding. My addiction towards skydiving has gotten worse and now I find myself wishing that I could be jumping instead of snowboarding since the day is clearing and weather is getting warmer. I only snowboard once maybe twice a year now instead of much more as I have in the past. I am glad to have my family around because they help get me away from the addiction of the smell of jet fuel and the cold thin air at altitude. I just know that as soon as I get on the chairlift the mind is going to find some way to compare this back to jumping. I guess it is fair to say that I am hooked and I thank my family for bringing me back to reality. We have had a lot of fun over the last couple of days and we are so blessed that we can all get together for the holiday. Each year that passes it gets more and more difficult to co-ordinate schedules. Now that Tyler is out of school and his career is just starting to take shape I am sure the challenge will grow each year. That is what makes this year so special, we are all together and we can forget for a minute how next year will be and just enjoy today. This is my first post and maybe on the next one I will be on my computer and post some pictures, more reason for you to keep up to date on this and watch this blog grow. Hope eveyone had a merry Christmas and go to spend time around family. Till the next post.....
No comments:
Post a Comment